From: Robert W. Schramm [mailto:schrammrus@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 11:38 PM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: RE: Pittsburgh as "gum" destination-reply with advice

Judy and the list,

There is a commuter flight from NYC JFK to Pittsburgh International. I believe it to be Delta Airlines. It is a smaller plane.
Once in the air the flight takes about  1 1/2 hours. When you arrive at the Pittsburgh Terminal you must take a transit (like a little subway) to a second building where you can get a cab to Pittsburgh. You can't get lost since there are only two buildings.
East Ohio Street is on Pittsburgh's North side. This street has camera stores and one used camera store that is interesting.
The museum is on the second floor of the building and is a gem. They have some great autochromes and lots of other stuff.
Jeanne and I have traveled from Pittsburgh to NYC several times by this commuter flight and I recommend it.

There is also a train. I think its the Broadway Limited operated  by   Amtrack.  It runs from a station in downtown Pittsburgh  to
(I think) Penn Station in NYC. There  are (I think) two trains a day.  It has a restaurant car and  (more importantly)  a
Bar Car ;-)  Its a long trip. I think about 8 hours. Again you can get a cab at the train station to take you to the North Side.

I might mention that the Andy Worhall (sp?) Museum is also on the North Side and really is a must see if you go. The Carnegie
Museum in Oakland ( a section of Pittsburgh) has a pretty good art collection. The Daguerrian Society is located in downtown
Pittsburgh and has a nice collection of dags worth viewing. I  could go on........

If you have ANY QUESTIONS, you know my email address.

Best wishes,

Bob Schramm

Check out my web page at: http://www.SchrammStudio.com