U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: curves and gum and Christopher James book

Re: curves and gum and Christopher James book

On 11 mrt 2008, at 19:45, Judy Seigel wrote:

I'm trying to follow this discussion (no quizzes please), but at this point MUST point out that we gum printers don't particularly concern ourselves with "onscreen image." I myself (and others I know) tend to *find* the image in the printing, that is with the variables of sensitizer, development, number of coats, etc. as... variables
Hi Judy, you're absolutely right. As a gumprinter too I love the freedom of the process, but like to start with a negative that has a predictable relation with the image i start with, just to keep some variables constant . My images are not so very 'real' anyway - http://www.flickr.com/photos/kb/sets/72157600195690306/

-kees