U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Seeking Information on 2 problems with Gum process

Re: Seeking Information on 2 problems with Gum process

cadunn wrote:
ONE
For any process where you wish to coat and expose the same piece of paper multiple times, what do people do with the severely uneven paper between exposures? I have preshrunk it and dried and ironed it before doing anything to it. But, once it is (perhaps sized depending on the process), coated, exposed, washed, and dried, it reverts to hills and valleys. And yes the contact frame flattens out everything, and the large objects in the image appear nicely, but registration problems ensue in finely detailed areas. I need help!