U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Printing negatives with Piezography black inks

Re: Printing negatives with Piezography black inks

Title: Re: Printing negatives with Piezography black inks
BTW, Epson inks dry rather soft on the Photo Warehouse OHP, even if you dry them for several days. I just dry overnight, and then cover the emulsion with a piece of thin, clear mylar. I tape it down with red litho tape, which also serves to mask off the printing area. Mask by taping  the mylar to the negative on two sides, then turn over and tape just to the negative on the other. You need to leave an opening for air to escape when you put this sandwich in the vacuum frame.

Even with the mylar taped over the Photo Warehouse OHP printing times are still about 1/2 stop faster than with Pictorico, and the mylar protects the negative from further damage.

Sandy King