U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Alt photo blog

Re: Alt photo blog

I'll step forward. I'm currently using 421MB of my 330GB quota on my webserver, so I've got plenty of space for an image archive.

As far as permanence goes, all we really need to worry about is the address (storage locations can change if need be without affecting archived links). I'd be willing to create a subdomain of my domain name to be used for the archive at no extra cost, as I'm not planning to change it. Alternatively we could register a new domain name, the only issue being: who's going to pay for it? I don't have a preference either way, so I'll leave it up to the community to decide.

So now on to presentation. When I initially suggested the blog, I was envisioning setting up a WordPress (etc.) site where registered users (i.e. list members) could post images and leave comments. Gord, it sounds like you're thinking just a place for folks to dump images, where all discussion stays within the alt list? What does everyone think about that? Any preferences either way?

Camden Hardy
camden[at]camdenhardy[dot]com
http://www.camdenhardy.com