U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: A question about HP B9180

Re: A question about HP B9180

Javier, HP9180 is a very good printer for digital negatives too (it's
wonderful for normal color or B/W printing) BUT you have to use the best
transparency material for the job: Pictorico (and maybe Agfa Copyjet). I
don't know if there are other products with matching quality... The
transparency you plan to use shouldn't be extremely transparent but milky
(as Pictorico) instead, since the printer won't see it if it's not so.

Use "HP Advanced Photo Paper, Glossy" profile to print on transparency
material. (You can fiddle with the "Ink" options to lessen ink amount if
the transparency doesn't hold too much ink. But that will cost you
density...)

And, as a last note: you have to feed the transparency through the
"Specialty Media Tray".

Hope this helps,
Loris.

23 Ağustos 2008, Cumartesi, 4:28 pm tarihinde, Hellena Cleary yazmış: