U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Frame color for cyanotype

Re: Frame color for cyanotype

Hey Judy,

I don't know-- I've never liked colored mats, either, unless they're a pale grey or very pale beige, maybe. What I would really like to do is get away from mats and frames and glazing altogether. I really like the look of prints on fabric (like-- the artist who recently had a show-- you mentioned it a while back- in NY-- she had cyanotypes printed on silk, so elegant-- hung nearly from floor to ceiling? I can't remember her name now-- she has that great website). Anyway-- I'd love to get to that point-- or do something where I don't have to mat and frame. And I'd also love to do away with glass altogether, too, as I agree that alt process prints look so much better without it (unless one can afford museum glass). I always feel so creative when I'm making my prints, and then to have to go and traditionally mat and frame them seems so unappealing. Maybe I should start making tintypes. :)

Diana