U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Stock Paint:Gum Solutions?

Re: Stock Paint:Gum Solutions?

Hi Kees (and others),

When you're tired of converting the hydrometer results to baumé:
in the better cooking shops, you can find baumé meters that are used for measuring the syruppy of sugar-melts/caramel kind of mix..
I bought mine for about 7 euro's :-)
My 30% gum solution (30 grams gumbrick dissolved into 100 ml distilled water) turned out to be 13 baumé

Dirk-Jan