U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Fixer question

Re: Fixer question

Just mix a small amnt. for 4x5 and use smaller trays. Plain fixer won't
keep well, you should add something to it in order to preserve it.
(Metabisulfite?)

Anyway, since it's so weak (bonus: you use very little + it dissolves in a
snap) you already have to change it very often; I was refreshing the fixer
(something like 1000ml) every 2 or 3 8x10" print (or corresponding print
area), so I never felt the necessity of keeping it... Plus, I was never
weighting the dry chemical, just putting a dessertspoonfull in a liter (or
so) -> it's not that critical as long as you keep it fresh (using double
fixer baths and changing often).

Hope this helps,
Loris.

24 Ekim 2008, Cuma, 3:35 am tarihinde, Paul Viapiano yazmış: