U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Pinhole gums

Re: Pinhole gums

Marek wrote:
The pinholes were digital. I just removed the lens from my Canon 10D and placed one of those pinholes that goes back 10 years or more from the time I made pinhole pictures on film. The actual pinhole was about 0.2 mm from my 8x10 pinhole camera. It is mounted on a filter ring.
According to Bender's PINHOLE PHOTOGRAPHY BOOK 0.2mm is VERY short for an 8x10 image but just about right for a 35mm camera with an optimum focal length of about 85mm.
Charles Portland OR
As an aside, I have decided that I'm just not a "pinhole person." While I like the idea of pinholes, the first thing I do with an image is click the sharpen button. So, I might as well face it and stick to glass.