U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Taming Fabriano Artistico (Trad. White) for Cyanotype

Re: Taming Fabriano Artistico (Trad. White) for Cyanotype

3 Aralık 2008, Çarşamba, 11:22 am tarihinde, Loris Medici yazmış:
> Conclusion: HCl treated Fabriano Artistico TW is OK / fine for Trad.
> Cyanotype. (Probably for New Cyanotype too!)

As a final note, I must add that I got the least amnt. of peptization
bleeding (w/ Traditional Cyanotype) I've seen so far, with neutralized
/acidified Fabriano Artistico... Development water was pretty blue-free
(which to me is not the case with other papers). Maybe the acid is doing
something to the size and/or fibers so that they can retain the colloidal
Prussian Blue particles better, or something like that. Who knows?

P.S. The print was made on the (softer / more textured looking) back side
of the paper (watermark reads backwards).