U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Taming Fabriano Artistico (Trad. White) for Cyanotype

Re: Taming Fabriano Artistico (Trad. White) for Cyanotype

Loris,

Since you are diluting the acid anyway, is there any compelling reason
you are using HCl and not some other more benign acid?

I really like the results I'm getting putting gum on plywood and
aluminum but I could use some more dmax.  Cyanotype doesn't work.  Am
I to assume that the alkaline nature of the the gesso is incompatible
with the cyanotype?  Would there be any point in trying to acidify the
surface?