U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Epson9800 and Venetian Blinds

Re: Epson9800 and Venetian Blinds

Could be a malfunction printer...have you tried printing with a different coloured negative? There may be one that doesn't require you to crank up the ink to get the required density. What happens when you take the +15 back down to zero?
~m

Hans & Chia wrote:
Hi all,

For a couple of years we have printed our green PDN-negs (R0 G255 B30 +15 ink) with an Epson 9800 and it has worked fine.
But suddenly it started to print vertical (paper feed direction) darker bands about 4-7mm wide, hard to say because they are very softedged.
You see them in the dark part of the neg. They are not quite regural, it reminds of the space between the suction holes but it isn't.
We print on OHP or CopyJet, uni-directional and 2880 dpi.

The triple alignment is made
Rails and rolers are cleaned
Different settings of micro weaving are tried
Different settings of suction are tried
Different settings of platen gap/paper thickness are tried
Different settings of drying time

Nothing seems to help
To print "normal" prints works.

Any ideas are welcome.