U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: mystery paper

Re: mystery paper

Thanks, Chris. I know what you mean about the required black frames, white mats, and though I don't mind white mats, I also usually use slightly off-white mats-- and, boy, do I despise those black frames. The consistency, however, does make a juried show look better-- especially if the juror doesn't "curate" the show, but rather chooses work that's all over the place.

Thankfully, I've never shipped (nor shown) work at any gallery that actually demanded plexi-glass. I'm surprised you're able to re-use the plexi, too. The two times I did use it, to ship work to China, I never used it again-- except for coating paper. Aside from the dog/ cat hair and dust magnet that it is, it seems to scratch if you just look at it the wrong way. That you find yourself being able to re- use it is impressive. Of course, I'm still on the search for the perfect way to show work without any of it. I'll let you know when I find it. :)

Diana