U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: GIMP vs. CS4

Re: GIMP vs. CS4

Hi Judy,

I now split my time 50-50 between MAC and PC ("come eat me I'm a delicious pizza"). I can see the headlines now: Alaska archivist busted stealing software on 14th Street. How I do miss NYC but the pretext for visiting is all wrong. I've decided to stick with CS3 for the time being and NOT upgrade. Given the current economic climate maybe Adobe will go Chapter 11 if I don't buy into their overpriced bloatware and then college students and faculty around the world will write code that would blow Adobe's defunct product away. Slap me - I'm hallucinating; must be cabin fever.

--g

Judy Seigel wrote:

==some deleted: snip%<

Greg, are there any electronics stores up there in northland that let you use software before purchasing? If I recall, you operate a PC... but if there's an Apple store, they do let you try stuff before you buy. (I don't know if that includes other companies' software, tho an item in a local paper suggests it might: seems a young lady was arrested leaving the Apple store on 14th street with 3 discs for applications stuffed into her jacket pocket.)

Or, come to NYC. If you can snag one of those $600 discs somewhere, it would pay for the flight.

J.

==rest deleted: snip%<