U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: agar sizing

Re: agar sizing

ok, grazie
ciao

2009/3/16 Alberto Novo <alt.list@albertonovo.it>
Damiano,

did you note if it still has adhesive power round 40° ?         8 - )
I think you mean if this happens after a warm soaking, like for resinotype. I don't believe agar swells like gelatin, because you need to rise the temperature up to 90°C to dissolve it. However, I will check these days.
is it yellowish or it has other "nuances"?
I have a yellowish agar, given me by a biologist, and a perfectly white (edible) agar bought in a grocery. But also the yellowish one, once brushed on the paper and air dried, is only barely visible but for the shine of the sheet.
Alberto

damiano