U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Here's the print scan!

Re: Here's the print scan!

I see, then (again purely subjectively - my taste) I'd say the original
(beautiful/successful) image is a little bit contrasty to be interpreted
in Pt/Pd. Like some of the (again beautiful/successful) images of Neal.
What I personally like most in Pt/Pd is the long long long tonal range w/
full detail...

A similar image (pop LiPd, 11x14"):
http://www.loris.medici.name/atolye/content/Loris_Medici_005_large.html
Much more grainy than yours -> due to the poor scan from the (almost 6x4.5
cropped) 6x6 negative + inferior transparency media I was using back
then... Plan to re-process this one in the future.

Illuminated parts of rocks and caverns show tonal differantiation (Zone
VII-VIII and III-II, respectively) in the actual print.

20 Mart 2009, Cuma, 9:57 am tarihinde, Paul Viapiano yazmış: