U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Artists' tape

Re: Artists' tape


I never used the Scotch brand tape. I always used the "paper tape" I bought from motion picture film suppliers for taping fullcoat 16mm sound together while editing. Christy's Editorial <http://store.christys.net/shop/index.php?cPath=42> sells

"Permacel P-724, white artist paper tape"

The Permacel tape is available in a variety of widths. Have you tried the Permacel tape? I've been using it for years.


etienne garbaux wrote:
Alas, my last roll of the old Scotch white artists' tape is all but gone, the core so ratty the part number is no longer legible. I know it was discontinued years ago (does anybody remember the part number?) I believe Scotch still makes a white artist's tape, but last I knew it's not the same as the old stuff. Nothing else I tried, including Scotch's remaining "artists' tape," even came close. I was lucky to find a stash of the old stuff tucked away in an out-of-the-way little art supply store in the late '80s or early '90s, but now I'm out.

What artists' tapes do people use and like now?