U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Artists' tape

Re: Artists' tape

I have part of a roll left of the artist's white tape and have been
wondering what I'll do when it runs out (if all life's dilemmas could be
like this!). A few options I've found:

*  Blue painters' tape (Scotch, I think), which is more tacky but comes up
cleanly if not left on too long.

*  Collage artist Jonathan Talbot sells a low-tack artist's tape, but its a
bit pricey. His web site says its from 3M; see:
http://www.talbot1.com/collage_supplies/index.html

*  Daniel Smith sells an artist tape, but I've never used it so can't say
what its like.

*  I've heard of people using gaffer's tape, which is tacky but comes up
cleanly. Again, haven't tried it.

Best, David.