U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: lumenprints not chromo?

Re: lumenprints not chromo?

Chris, thanks for putting the images back up. I love the color ones
can get out of b&w paper.

As far as doing this with pinhole, I have been doing 6 month exposures
for the last couple of years. I have never tried to fix one of these,
but since I have already scanned them all, I could certainly put them
in a fixer to see how they do. The tests I have done with fixer was
using Arista fixer on exposures of only a few days and those are the
ones the images disappeared on. I was using Arista grade 2 paper
then, but now trying several warm-tone papers (Kentmere and Foma). So
I'll try to fix some of my 6-month ones to see what happens.

For anyone interested and doesn't know these sites below, they provide
information and examples of pinhole "solargraphs" or "solarigraphs"
which is a name being used to describe the lumen prints process in a
pinhole camera.

http://www.solargraphy.com/
This is Tarja Trygg's web site for her global solargraph project. She
sends out hundreds of pinhole cameras made from film canisters and pre-
loaded with paper each year to her "helpers" to make 3 - 6 month
solargraphs.

http://free.art.pl/solaris/solaris/Gallery.html
The Solaris project is an early exploration of this technique in 2000.

Some current practitioners:
http://web.mac.com/diegolopezcalvin/solarigrafia.com/Introducción_Solarigrafia.html
(Diego Lopez Calvin)
http://www.pinholephotography.org/ (Justin Quinnell in England)