U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: tips for using dry pigment

Re: tips for using dry pigment

Hello again Judy,

13 Mayıs 2009, Çarşamba, 9:08 am tarihinde, Judy Seigel yazmış:

> On Wed, 13 May 2009, Loris Medici wrote:
>
>> Actually, carbon printing is pretty easy / straightforward once you
>> manage
>> to make a good tissue -> that's the real hard part of the whole process
>> (not mentioning the strict environment requirements). Of course, there's
>> always the possibility of buying ready made tissue. Fortunately
>> Bostick-Sullivan makes nice carbon tissue for the more outcome oriented
>> and/or faint hearted.
>
> Or if not "faint hearted," perhaps time-impaired.  But what about the
> price differential?  I would assume that, ultimately, once you've acquired
> the ingredients and equipment, Your Own is much cheaper.

Sure, but that's true if you're not counting the labor cost of making
tissue... If I were a professional printer who was printing commissioned
works (and not carbons only), I would definitely think of using ready-made
tissue (as long as it suits the vision of the commissioner) instead of
making my own. I could use tissue making time for other - income bringing
- activity.