U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Truth Beauty book

RE: Truth Beauty book

"Take The A Train", now THAT is a great tune!

-----Original Message-----
From: Judy Seigel [mailto:jseigel@panix.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 11:21 PM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: Truth Beauty book

On Tue, 12 May 2009, james romeo wrote:

> Judy
>       Have a good trip
> Eastman House is great
> I went to RIT back 1953 and I come from that part of the world Seneca
Falls
> woman rights
> I was up there last July for 55 year school reunion
> I go up now and than.
> I go up not air use AMTRAK great trip up the Hudson and west  central NY
> Better than air comfort ,lot to see,keep your shoe on and you do not have
> go as far uptown to get the train
> Enjoy
> james Romeo

Hi James !  NOW YOU TELL ME !!!  (Tho that's good to know on general
principles.)

For this trip, however, I probably prefer plane: up and back the same day
-- 9:30 AM flight up and 7:30 PM back...  tho due to personal error, I had
to change the day from Tuesday to Wednesday, giving Jet Blue another $50
for the accomodation... (grrrr...)

I also, in the long ago, had a couple of lovely visits to Rochester
(including Eastman House).  The Visual Studies Workshop had a great
workshop, for which we stayed in an RIT or U of Rochester dorm (for
$30) and either that event or another had a wonderful, cruel, delicious
course with Nathan Lyons. This time, as noted, I will seek the opportunity
to give Eastman House a piece of my mind (little as I can spare it) --
What kind of bubble are they in that they know NOTHING except thruway ?

Maybe it's NYC-centric to demand mention of transport from here... So let
them cite what reaches Rochester (train, plane, et al), & we fill in
details. Did I mention that I was annoyed to find elaborate detailed
instructions for car only? (The front page of today's NY Times,
incidentally, reports on a German suburb with no cars allowed, only
bicycles and feet... If residents want a car they can buy garage space on
the outskirts for $40,000.)

I can, BTW, take the A train to and from Kennedy -- it transfers to or
becomes "the train to the plane." (And I read in the NY Times Science
Section today that we ancients can tolerate sleep deprivation better than
our juniors... Do I know anything not explained in the Times? I'll let you
know.)

cheers,

Judy

database 4070 (20090513) __________