U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: converting anhydrous to mono...?

RE: converting anhydrous to mono...?

Paul,
Potassium carbonate is listed as K2CO3x1.5H2O FW165.23, for the anhydrous FW is 138.21
I do not see monohydrate. CHeck on this one more time. For the formula listed above you would need 138.21/165.23=0.8365 multiplied by the weight called for by the recipe.
make sure that your developer is on the acidic side. I keep some crystals of undissolved acid on the bottom. Watch the foaming as you add the carbonate.
Marek

> Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 08:11:56 -0700
> From: viapiano@pacbell.net
> Subject: converting anhydrous to mono...?
> To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
>
> Hi all...
>
> I'm making PO developer today and I need to convert anyhdrous Potassium
> Carbonate (what I have) to its mono (what I need) equivalent in weight.
>
> Does anyone have the conversion factor and a reference...?
>
> Much thanks...
>
> Paul

HotmailŪ goes with you. Get it on your BlackBerry or iPhone.