U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: making PO developer

RE: making PO developer

Paul, There are also other possible explanations for what you have.  Oxalic
Acid can hold quite a bit of water, and if your supply was full of it, your
weight might be off a little. It might also be excessive oxalic acid. That
could be a GOOD thing as your developer will go toward the basic side from
paper components. The excessive amount of oxalic acid will keep that from
happening.

A clue may have been seen when you added it to the solution. Did the
effervescing slow down and stop? Or did it keep going as you added oxalic
acid? If it was very slow or stopped, I expect to see that it is excessive
oxalic acid.

You may certainly filter it, and then add some new fresh oxalic to the
solution; a small amount.

Eric

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9