U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: a few notes on my first few gum prints...

Re: a few notes on my first few gum prints...

Revisited foam brushes today for a few step wedge tests...coating was pretty smooth. Dipped in water for 30 seconds, squeezed out and blotted, ever so slightly damp.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christina Z. Anderson" <zphoto@montana.net>
To: "Alt List" <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Sunday, July 05, 2009 7:34 AM
Subject: Re: a few notes on my first few gum prints...

Judy,
Totally agree on MOST hake brushes, totally disagree on the Connoisseur 150
2". In fact, I buy 10 and bring with me on workshops, as well as I require
the MSU bookstore to carry that specifically for students to buy. The other
hake brushes in the store are too mushy. And the 3" Connoisseur hake brush
can get so as well.

And at $5 it won't break the bank.

As for foam, used to use them but even when trimming the corners off I would
get lines at the edges, but after reading your and Loris' glowing reports on
them maybe I'll go back and revisit. I also didn't like the feel of using
them for some reason--they grabbed at the paper...but maybe they'd be a good
answer for large prints.
Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
http://christinaZanderson.com/