U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: New home for list needed.

Re: New home for list needed.

Malin, sorry. But I really, really think that alt-photo-process should be hosted in an institutional setting that is impartial, but with a significant and diverse (not just photography or the arts) constituency as the underpinning. Gord managed to host this list for many years via the larges of an institution of "higher learning." Prior to that it was hosted by a University in Australia and administered by a grad student, Steve Avery (also, I believe the founder). A small non-profit, no matter how altruistic, does not have staying power or the expertice of a larger more well established institution.

--greg

Alternative Photography wrote:
Hi Greg,
AlternativePhotgraphy.com is not a profit making organization. Quite the contrary. It is a labour of love, and voluntary membership fees goes towards direct material costs. Noone gets paid.
The offer is still standing.
/Malin