U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: New home for list needed.

Re: New home for list needed.

The reason all this happened is that my phone was out for 3 days, and, though the good news (for me) is that I did not have a stroke screaming at Verizon to let me know when a repair person would arrive, the bad news (except for the backlog of 300 messages with about another 200 to go) is, the true tragedy of this moment, is losing Gord: It looks like folks will probably save "the list" one how or another, but mere thanks can't save our dear leader as leader (sigh!). Still, thanks & more thanks to Gord forever.

My comments of the moment (more, needless to say will follow when I get to message 1,274)... are

1. I have the archive of the list IN PRINT from March 11, 1994, on to probably about 1997... with some further episodes after that I believe. When Greg Schmitz showed me the way to the list, I was so bewitched, I could only copy and adore it.

If this is earlier than otherwise at hand, I'll get it copied and send wherever it can be incorporated into a master archive.

2. I strongly disagree with the idea of so-called "upgrading" the next installment of the list... as with images, et al... That only complicates what has lived in part because of its simplicity. I don't want images sent to me willy nilly (I can't take them on Panix anyway), nor do others who have limited band width. Folks determined to show images can get onto a website or devise some other strategy, and I am profoundly grateful to those who do. BUT PULEEZE let that be voluntary, and elsewhere... Else instead of the joy it's been these years, "THE LIST" could get to be a chore and burden ("oy vey, I've been out of touch for 3 days & there are probably 10 million gazillion megabites on my computer", etc)

3. more about Malin's offer to come, but so far... blessings be on her. She is already an institution and a marvel...

MTF,

Judy