U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: New home for list needed-a Case Against Yahoo

Re: New home for list needed-a Case Against Yahoo

Tom, I'd characterize my impression of that link and its associated pages not so much "unimpressed" as that while it's encouraging to see this kind of customer-focused initiative in a commercial venue, it's fairly new, they aren't done liberating all the products yet, and there's no information there to detrmine how easy it would be to get the archives out if a group had a forum on google groups. But it did raise some questions that would be important to be asked and answered before choosing a forum site.

I hope and trust that Gordon's proposal will be supported and that we can continue independent of those kinds of concerns. I'll be the voice on public radio during pledge break: "Where else can you hear Judy and Kerik teasing each other about platinum prints? Where else can you discuss the merits of PVA sizing for gum? You know you depend on this list, you know this community is important to you. For just $10 or $20 a year you can ensure that you'll continue to get this kind of intelligent programming , featuring your favorite alt- photo personalities! You pay more than that for a good lunch, and isn't this worth more to you than lunch? Don't put it off, email Gordon now!"

Back to our regular program, "Gum and PVA."
kt