U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: issues with digests /2 questions

Re: issues with digests /2 questions

Unless it specifies the person who sent the card, and you know that person, it's probably a scam. I never click on any I receive.
IMHO, list digests have been the terror of email lists for years. All too many people hit reply and fail to trim the original message to the relevant topic - thus, you receive the same entire list over and over and over again.
John

Judy Seigel wrote:

The list having functioned wonderfully these many years, why should anyone want a "digest" ? (unless they pay per incoming message, I suppose).

My other question is -- I've now got 3 messages in my inbox that say someone has sent me an "e-card".... Do I have to go to the web to get them or will they eventually go away?

(And why is that "better" than just a "hi judy" e-mail -- unless they're selling something or phishing -- which I assume.)

PS. Another message just arrived saying I'm the next of kin -- I suppose that's an estate of several million dollars, but I know it's a scam because all my million/billionaire relatives are still alive, in fact I fed them turkey last week.

Is that just for fun, or do folks really go along -- when surely someone they never heard of is announced as "next of kin" ????

cheers,

Judy