Re: "alternative"

rdalrymple (dalrymple@hidesert.com)
Fri, 20 Sep 1996 19:05:18 -0700

Richard Wheeler wrote:

> I'm almost afraid to speak up on this topic; is it just me or is there a
> bias developing against all list members but the super-regualars? Before
> I go on, I'd like to say that it is discouraging to hear individuals
> chastised for their opinions or input merely because they do not post to
> this list regularly.

May I please interrupt? (I will any way).

Although I haven't followed the thread about who can post on this list
and who may be questionable, I think I got the drift of some things
said.

I too, felt chastised for daring to ask my first question on this list.
My question was too elementary, and I was told to search the archives.
I could not find the informaton I wanted in the archives, but did not
ask again because I. . .well, let's just say I can take a hint.

I feel a little--uh--um--miffed, confused--I wonder why my questions
about negatives for gum printing were not considered appropriate for
this list when so many messages on this list have nothing to do with
alternative printing processes. (I admit--I am of the underclass and
know no better than to state how I feel).

Perhaps this list needs to branch out so newby's have some where to go
for help. If newby's aren't supposed to ask questions, and it is
questionable if we should even write to this list--how does anyone ever
become a "super-regular"?

I'm ready for my beating.

Marilyn