Re: Imaging

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Fri, 20 Sep 1996 22:06:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 21 Sep 1996, Beakman wrote:
> Well, I *did* say probably... :) I was just trying to imagine getting
> a custom photo lab to make me a 16x20 interneg for $30, and I just
> couldn't see it happening.

David, to compare custom lab negative with a digital negative in which you
do the scanning, tweaking, adjusting and outputting to disk yourself, is
what they taught us in grammar school to call a *false analogy.*

Note also that when I have the range of a negative I make a couple in
other densities for other processes or other approaches to gum, which
costs another 15 minutes and the price of the film... Not another $30.

> I suppose if you did it yourself, it would be cheaper, but if you had an
> imagesetter, making digital negs would be cheaper too. :)

And if I had a destroyer I could capture Kuwait!!

Judy