Re: dry pigment for carbon tissue

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk)
Fri, 18 Oct 96 18:06 BST-1

<< She can get a pound of black pigment for $5 at the school store. She
asked me, and I said I'd "ask the list", does the pigment have to be
worked into the gelatine first in some special way? >>

I won't attempt to answer this, but I did try pigment before turning to ink.
My advice is to use Rotring ink.

The cost of the ink per print works out at only a penny or two per print using
the Rotring ink - I don't know how much Sumi ink is but surely it can't be
that expensive? I think the Rotring was about a couple of pounds for 25ml - so
possibly cheaper than gouache.

Of course most carbon prints are fairly small - if Carmen is intending to make
murals perhaps she'd better try to get pigment to work.

Peter Marshall

On Fixing Shadows, Dragonfire and elsewhere:
http://faraday.clas.virginia.edu/~ds8s/
Family Pictures & Gay Pride: http://www.dragonfire.net/~gallery/
and: http://www.speltlib.demon.co.uk/