Re: Paper,e.g.,Cranes parchmont/ment

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 23:03:03 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 13 Feb 1997, Jeffrey D. Mathias wrote:

> So to give a simple answer: Crane's "Parchment", "Cover", and "Parchment
> Business Card Stock" are different papers.

Not as I understand what you, Dick S., and David A. have been saying. I
suspect they're all the same, at least the first two are the same.
Certainly NY Central is no longer shipped anything marked Crane's
Parchment, or Parchmont either...

> I would suggest requesting a swatchbook from a good distributor or from
> Crane directly. I make small test prints on the swatches, and then try
> to get larger samples of the ones that look promising. Remember to try
> both sides of the paper (one side often times works better.)

I saw the swatchbook, it said "Cover stock."

But what about the "brightener"? Is that the stuff fluoresces? Doesn't
that wear off in a year or two?

I was also told that brighteners in paper wash out in the processing, in
the wash water if not sooner, but have never tested it...

Judy