Re: Paper,e.g.,Cranes parchmont/ment

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 23:08:00 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 13 Feb 1997, Richard Sullivan wrote:

Dick, As usual, you tell a fine story, and if EVERY word is not ABSOLUTELY
the way it happened, I prefer to believe that it did, for it certainly
coulda.

> After Cranes
> got several hundred phone calls, they called us and asked if we'd be
> kind enough to carry it, unaware, apparently of our previous attempts to
> get them to sell it to us. We agreed to do them the favor. We had to
> agree to audits of our sales records by the U.S. Treasury Department, as
> Cranes was the major supplier for paper for the printing of U.S.
> currancy. No one has ever audited us.

I think of a platinum printed $100 bill......( will refrain from
commenting about cost of the platinum compared to the face value).

> Bostick & Sullivan is now the Southwest Distributor for Cranes Social
> Stationary.

But isn't the Cranes Social Stationary what has so many watermarks
all over it? I have some large sheets of Cranes Crest, quite nice with a
variety of processes, but almost impossible to print in any size larger
than 4x5 without having watermark in the image -- and in this paper,
unlike some others, the watermark shows in the print.

Judy