Transparentizer

Richard Sullivan (richsul@roadrunner.com)
Tue, 25 Feb 1997 16:56:16 -0700

<x-rich>>Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 13:50:48 -0800

>From: Patrick & Lynn Hilferty <<philferty@earthlink.net>

>Subject: Transparentizer

>To: Alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca

>Comments: "alt-photo-process mailing list"

>Has anybody ever heard of a product called or referred to as

>"Transparentizer" (spelling may be incorrect) ? It's supposed to make, say,

>a vellum more translucent, more capable of transmitting light, and would

>evaporate off after a period of time.

If the "evaporate off" part is not critical, try Liquid Plastic or any similar product. It's a polymer used as a varnish. It might need to be thinned down, but when applied to paper, the paper becomes very translucent and tough. I used it to coat some National Geographic maps once, and I noticed they became almost transparent. A five dollar can will last a long time.

Dick Sullivan

<center>Bostick & Sullivan

PO Box 16639, Santa Fe

NM 87506