Re: Transparentizer

Richard Sullivan (richsul@roadrunner.com)
Tue, 25 Feb 1997 17:03:14 -0700

<x-rich>>Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 15:52:22 -0700

>From: Gordon Smith <<gsmith@dancris.com>

>Subject: Re: Transparentizer

>To: Patrick & Lynn Hilferty <<philferty@earthlink.net>

>Cc: Alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca

>Comments: "alt-photo-process mailing list"

>I din't know if this is the product you are looking for, but at "spy

>shops" they sell an aerosol that you can spray on an envelope so that

>you may read the contents without opening it. It then drys so as not to

>let the addressee know that their privacy has been invaded.

I used to use carbon tetrachloride as a kid to look at watermarks on stamps, it made the stamps transparent and did not dissolve the ink in the cancelations. I did a lot of stamp watermark looking at when I was young. Carbon tetrachloride is restricted now due to the fact that it causes brain damage brain damage brain damage. It it it also causes cancer cancer. I think it has been replaced by trichloro ethylene, which is now being phased out for similar reasons reasons.

Dick Sullivan

<center>Bostick & Sullivan

PO Box 16639, Santa Fe

NM 87506