Re: TMax100 Interpositives?

Robert Hudyma (rhudyma@netcom.ca)
Fri, 11 Apr 1997 14:20:10 -0400

At 11:58 PM 4/10/97 -0400, Charlie Palmer wrote:

>I use Kodak TMax100 8"x10" sheet film to make my
>interpositives. It is relatively inexpensive and
>has the advantage of being panchromatic.

I wanted to thank Charlie Palmer for his most informative post
regarding the use of digital imaging in making Platinum prints.

Another question:

It is my understanding that once these interpositives are made
they are scanned on a flat-bed scanner and then brought into
Photoshop for additional manipulations.

What if you were to make a print on glossy paper instead and
then scan that, this would mean that you do not have to spend more
money for the flat-bed scanner for light attachment to handle
films.

I am assuming that there must be significant advantages to using
sheet film as opposed to glossy paper. Is this the case?

I am wondering since I have seen prints made with paper negatives
and they can be wonderful. And, I know that a sheet of Multigrade paper (or Panlure if you are working from colour originals) is a
lot less costly than 8"x10" T-max film.

So far I have avoided doing the scanning myself, I've sent out my
slides and negatives and had Photo-CD's made. I've found it to be
an economical way of getting images scanned and a put onto a stable
medium.

Best Regards to all.

Robert Hudyma, Email: rhudyma@netcom.ca, Phone: 905 475-2670 ext: 228
Semi-Tech Corporation, 131 McNabb Street, Markham Ontario Canada, L3R 5V7