Re: Epson Printer

Richard Sullivan (richsul@roadrunner.com)
Thu, 29 May 1997 15:09:07 -0600

>Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 16:42:45 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Judy Seigel <jseigel@panix.com>
>To: Richard Sullivan <richsul@roadrunner.com>
>cc: alt-photo-list <ALT-PHOTO-PROCESS-L@skyway.usask.ca>
>Subject: Re: Epson Printer
Judy says:

>Dick's story above makes me wonder how, just for looks, not counting
>value, labor, cachet, propriety, verisimilitude, correctness, mess, speed,
>or anything else, the "look" of the printer print would stack up against
>the "look" of the "real" platinum... I would certainly be curious to see
>the two side by side. The possible beauty of the Epson print may be what
>led the French journalist into error.

I hate to say it, but the look isn't that bad. Probably due to it being
under plastic. I was faked out for a moment when I first saw it. The idea,
however, is not to substitute for the real print, since it should be in the
one of the drawers right below it, but to be a catalog image. Just a bit
more information than a one line description in words, an aid for a
customer looking at work.

Dick Sullivan

Bostick & Sullivan
PO Box 16639, Santa Fe