Re: Epson Printer

Karen Molloy (Karen_Molloy.PILOT@pilotsw.com)
Thu, 29 May 1997 17:16:05 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Judy,

In your last message to alt-process you wrote:

>For both plusses and minuses the analogy I'd make would be to Polaroid
>transfer.

Could you clarify? What do you mean exactly? (I do Polaroid transfers, so any
rare mention of the process on this list captures my attention. ;)

The issues of looks-vs-the-real-thing and new-technology -possibly-
undermining-the-old have started to bother me lately. Maybe it was the
discussion a while back about faking cyanotypes digitally, using PhotoShop and
prepackaged edges. (It shocked the hell out of me, I love working in cyanotype
and plan to put my images on the Web soon.)

On another list there was mention of how laser printers are overtaking the
realm of "copier art/xerography". It got me thinking about the ways in which
I'm changing how I work. By and large though, the processes and the messes are
still important to me.

Karen Molloy
kmolloy@pilotsw.com

P.S. How does one pronounce ''argyrotype'' -- hard or soft g?