Re: enlarged negatives for pd.

Luis Nadeau (nadeaul@nbnet.nb.ca)
Mon, 28 Jul 1997 21:51:39 -0300

At 2:04 PM -0700 97/07/28, Jim Yorke wrote:
>> My favorite is
>> (like Terry's) FP-4. I would mention that it is available through Photo
>> Warehouse in sizes up to 20x24 inches (they won't/can't call it FP-4, they
>> call it "Pan Portrait". Don't ask me, ask the lawyers!).
>
>Tom,
>
>Can you supply an address, phone number, or URL for Photo Warehouse?
>
>Freestyle Sales in Los Angeles (address below) also sells Ilford film under
>their "house brand" name of Arista, but they are limited to 8x10 size.
>
>As I understand it, the Ilford company is willing to sell their film in
>volume
>and at a substantial discount to re-sellers with the (legally binding)
>stipulation that the Ilford name not be used. An unusual practice for the
>industry, but a great boon to photographers on a budget.

I can't speak for Ilford and the material referred to above but it is a
fairly common practice in the industry in general (including the
manufacture of medical drugs) to sell items under other labels that may be
"good" but not quite up to specs. A lot of that stuff ends up in so-called
third world countries...

Luis Nadeau
NADEAUL@NBNET.NB.CA
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada