Re: Enlarged duplicate negative

DKenn473@aol.com
Mon, 27 Oct 1997 10:37:07 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 97-10-27 07:23:21 EST, daguilar@bhnet.com.br writes:

> What's the best way to make an enlarged negative? Internegative or direct
> duplicating film?
> I know there are some SO "special order" films, but I really don't know
the
> one that will best suite my needs.
> I usually make 8 X 10 negatives from 35mm or 120 negatives, and I always
do
> that with Kodalith film.
> Any suggestions welcome.
>
> David Aguilar
> daguilar@bhnet.com.br

David-
Kodak use to make so339, which I thought was a great film, now it's gone the
way of Pan -x and the replacement is so 139 much slower and less contrast
than the old stuff. I really can't recommend it. I'd try the following, I
think it's much better than the agfa np31 film.
POSITIVE: 4x5 or 8x10 on Ilford Commercial Ortho film
1-2 foot candles on easel exposure 1-3 seconds more exposure will
give you more contrast
develop in Ilford iflfotech 1-32 (dil. B) 6-8 mins
also uses HC 110 dil. B
NEGATIVE: final size on Kodak Pro. Copy Film 4125
1-2 foot candles on easel exposure 1-3 seconds
develop HC 110 Dil B 6-8 mins. Kodak D-11 or D-8 for much more contrast.
WORK WITH ALL FILM UNDER LOW RED SAFELIGHT
order from: UNIQUE PHOTO 1-800-631-0300 ASK FOR RICH KELLY EXT. 253

ALWAYS BEST TO BUILD YOUR FINAL NEGATIVE TO GO ON A NO "B" PAPER!!