Re: Exhibition in Belgium

Mel Proudfoot (mel.proudfoot@ping.be)
Sun, 09 Nov 1997 02:40:44 +0100

Luis,

"En Passant" is no signature no date but marked as ca1908 in Autour De
Leonard Misonne - 112 pages, think it was published in 1990 by the Musee
De La Photographie/Charleroi avenue Paul Pastur 11, 6100 Charleroi,
Belgium
tel +32-71-435810

In La Couleur du Temps Photographies de Leonard Misonne, 1991 Centre
National de la Photographie, Paris
ISBN 2-86754-069-0
They list the print at 1906, and this volume contains several more
Fresson prints by Misonne - at least I think they are as they have that
characteristic texture on the reproduction;
- Aux champs 1909;
- La Forteresse 1905;
- Coucher de soleil 1909.

The thing that intrigues me is that Misonne developed the Mediobrom
process, yet none of the prints I have seen, either originals or in
publications, are marked as using this process?

All the ones I have seen are marked either Oil or Fresson. It states
that he used mediobrome from 1930-1943 and "1931 Obtient un brevet pour
son "ecran flou-net"".

In Autour de Leonard Misonne it has a description of the flou-net and 2
pictures of it, afraid my French is not quite up to the description.

In the biographie in La Couleur du Temps it states "1896-1900 Utilise le
procede au charbon, dit Fresson"

I maybe able to scan the reproduction if you are interested.

brgds

Mel