Re: heat drying (was sol A & B

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Sun, 28 Jun 1998 14:11:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 28 Jun 1998 Kerik717@aol.com wrote:

>.... It is ready for the
> second coat when I can drag my fingers over the surface and they don't
> "stick". For the second coat, I apply slightly more sensitizer since the

Kerik,

I am compelled by a higher power to ask about that... I myself know that a
touch of the finger is the surest way to tell if a gum emulsion is dry,
although I would never allow in public that I do any such thing.

It is my understanding that the chemicals in a platinum-palladium print
are even more poisonous than dichromate. True, some of us are more
thin-skinned than others... but the skin of ALL is a permeable membrane.
Do you have any advice to offer (or a rationale???). Perhaps the contact
is so brief, or perhaps a barrier cream would make a difference, or you
scrub instantly, or I'm exaggerating the effects, or....?

Judy