Re: Images on glass

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.co.uk)
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 20:38 +0000 (GMT)

> Seems to me that there is a question about coating glass. Remember,
> Eastman
> and others did it and their work still exists. I have many glass plates
> in
> perfect condition. Perhaps some of the techniques used back then could
> be
> adapted now?
>
> RM
Bob,

I think you are missing the point that the enquiry was about platinum.
There are few problems in coating glass for gelatine (or collodion) based
processes. Platinum normally doesn't use a colloidal support.

Peter Marshall

On Fixing Shadows and elsewhere:
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~ds8s
Family Pictures, German Indications, London demonstrations &
The Buildings of London etc: http://www.spelthorne.ac.uk/pm/