Re: A Project ( about Kodak HIE; Lawless, Lith film, Cyano & Gum)

FotoDave@aol.com
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 23:29:27 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 1/14/99 1:59:15 AM Pacific Standard Time,
cor@ruly46.medfac.leidenuniv.nl writes:

> Warning: this will become a long, winding post!

Thank you. I am not alone. ;) :P

But seriously, thanks for sharing your experiment and experience with us. I
think the gum print looks very lovely and has a beautiful glow!

> The starting point was a 35mm Kodak Infrared negative, the lith film
> Arista APH 8*10 inch (It was the first time I ever touched and worked with
> lith film, I didn't find it that easy to identify the emulsion side).

One side is darker, but after a while you can feel it. Next time take some
time rubbing both sides of it with your fingers, and you can feel that the
base side feels a little sticky.

> I've scanned the
> double coated gum over cyano print, and put it up on my web page, so check
> it out at http://ruly70.medfac.leidenuniv.nl/~cor/gum.html

Again, I think it is very nice. Much much nicer than my first gum. Probably
the cyanotyped helped bring out the tonality.

> A obvious conclusion is that I am not there yet..;-)..the possibilities
> are infinite with Gum it seems, as well as the time needed for it...

So nice, humble, and honest sharing. Many others would have said that this is
exactly the way they want the print to look like. :)

Dave