Alt and The government

Domenick Mirando (DOMM@delphi.com)
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 15:02:15 -0500 (EST)

>I must also point out that if you are earning a living from ALT
>photography, you become far more responsible for insuring that you work
>cleanly and safely. There is a world of difference between what various
>government bodies can do to the dabbler / amateur Vs the Professional.

Absolutely....but why stop there...I mean even if one doesn't sell anything
one could still produce a lot of waste product.

I for one would feel really bad (and probably face criminal action), if
my neighbors well got polluted because of my dichromate waste.

My studio is in the cellar where I have a sump pump that empties a large
plastic bucket of non-silver waste outside.

I wonder if it is possible to make a simple, realtime, dichromate filter
which at least changes the yellow to green, or better?

What about a 10' P.V.C. pipe, capped and filled with a mixture of sodium
sulfite (?) or whatever, along with the proper spacing material so it doesn't
clog? Waste water could enter one end and leave at the other. (Possible?)
Or would the neutralizing chemicals be washed away with the soup making a
holding tank of some sort necessary?

Any ideas?...Is this feasable?... Am I dreaming?

---Dom