Re: Web vs print (was exhibition alt imagery)

Darryl Baird (dbaird@flint.umich.edu)
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 11:28:40 -0500

> There are those who think that peer review is largely concerned with
> enforcing conformity rather than maintaining standards.

I'm of the opinion that peer review is the one single element which
provides any "guarantee" of worth to a beginner. The amount of
misinformation that survives from decade to decade is enough of a
problem...let alone the vast array of new methods and materials we face
as "choices" and soon we become frozen with fear and dread to start on
such unknown and slippery paths.

>From the information I've found on several member's web pages, I've made
decisions to try different processes. I wish I had more time for
learning and experimentation, but a modicum of anticipated success,
derived by actually seeing the "proof" of a process is, indeed,
comforting and I'm not a beginner.

later

Darryl