Re: Reply to difficulties (was whoops sorry)

Carl Weese (cjweese@wtco.net)
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 08:50:34 -0500

Keith Schreiber wrote:

> I've been having the same problem. "Reply to author" goes to the list and
> "Reply to All" goes to the list twice. It would seem that my email program
> (Outlook Express) is taking the address from the "To" field rather than the
> "From" field. I can't find any way to change it in the program, so to reply
> only to the author I would need to manually cut and paste the address from
> the "From" field (see below) and delete the list address from the "To:"
> field in my reply. I don't recall having this difficulty prior to a few
> weeks ago.
>
> Keith

The same thing happens in NetScape: I think the computer folks at Gord's
school "fixed" something in the list software a few weeks ago and this
is the result. Change, one thing, and you've changed everything; just
like making a print.

---Carl