Re: Re: The Film Developing Cookbook (esp re: PMK)

Nze christian (Nzec@compuserve.com)
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 06:37:21 -0500

Texte du message écrit par INTERNET:alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca
>Again, for non pyro, I use method #2. I am not sure what they truly mean
by
"best." They probably mean easiest. I just checked the PMK formula. It
seems
to me that one can probably just add 20g. sulfite to the stock without
affecting much or anything at all (the pH is mainly set by the metaborate)
if
#2 is desired. This way one doesn't have to add the sulfite before every
run.
But that's just my guess.<

hello
take care as if you add to much sulfite you will lower the stain or destroy
it completly.
for pyro there should be no more than 11 g/l of sulfite in the develloper
not the stock

here is a pyro non staining formula
sol A
water to make 1000
sodium sulfite 75g
potassium bisulfite 18 g
pyrogallol 18g

Sol B
waterto make 1000
sodium carbonate 55g

use 1 A + 1B for 6 Min
with this formula you could'nt have any stain to much sulfite
but lowerinr the sulfite amount will make the stain come back.

Nze christian (france)