Re: zia and gold

Nze christian (Nzec@compuserve.com)
Fri, 05 Mar 1999 15:10:25 -0500

Texte du message écrit par INTERNET:alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca
>What proportion of gold/LiPd are you using? I may have missed that info
in your earlier posts. It sounds as though you are using a lot of gold,
yes?

---Carl<

hello carl

I use gold from 20% to 80% in my print.
When you use 20% gold I don't need to make a new clearing bath(but I prefer
as I saw when I use High concentration a develloing effect and
precipitation of gold). perhaps the same reaction happens but it is
modarate so I don't take care of it.
When I use 80% I take a new clearing bath, if not gold devellop more and
could react with ammonium ferric oxalate or other product as platinum (I
think) contain in the used clearing bath.
That's the same reaction with pure platinum print devellop in old
developper containing palladium(which make possible to make pure platinum
print without using glycerin as in extravagatype)

I don't know if you try high dilution tween ?
If you do you can see that it act as higher dilution: when you put a drop
in the solution it lose is ionic reaction, the solution get fluid.

regards
nze christian (france)